Thursday, March 31, 2005

This City Life

It's lonely here in the city on days like today. I've got amazing friends that I had an unforgettable day with, but at the end of the day, it'd be nice to come home to someone. That security of knowing that someone other than your friends cares. And in a way, its not really security at all.

It's the days of rain, my favorite of course, that I just feel like taking the time to be standing in the rain with that special person and kiss in each others arms. Forget the umbrella...
I'm not really sure why I think that's so romantic, you're both amazingly cold and soaking wet...I've never even had one of those experiences, but regardless, I know that i'd absolutely adore it.
i'm not sure why, but the rain always puts me in one of those sedated moods. I can see life being lived outside of my window as the cars pass on the street and the people walk around. It just makes me feel so alive to see the life outside being lived as I sit here, but it also makes me think too much which is always my problem. I miss the glory days of laying around with you and those nights when you'd call and make me come over...
still need some questions answered and it seems like you just want to leave it be...i don't understand it. there are just some things that don't make sense about what happened and I'm not trying to live in the past, but its been far too long since we haven't been together and I'm STILL thinking about what it would be like to be with you...even in the relationships since, it's always been there...the comparison, the doubt, the wish...

Here's the stuff you never used to know...

1. when you were asleep, i'd lie there with your hand in mine and pray because I was the luckiest girl to be with you...
you never treated me badly like the other ones had and you were caring, full of passion, and so real...
2. Also while you slept, I'd tell you how much I cared about you...said "I wish i could tell you, but it's so hard to say those words, and while i feel them, i don't understand why I just can't say them out loud to you"
3. I used to lay at home and spend nights crying because I didn't want to lose you when I went to school. I knew things were going to change and that it would be much different with us both in school, but I felt that in the end, we could discuss it and work through it together. Those nights I was upset and couldn't tell you what was wrong...thats what it was. .me worrying about our future.
4. I never believed in fate until I met y ou and realized how much of it had to be placed right in order for the two of us to meet and come together...

No comments: