Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Streets of Madison

I absolutely love looking out the window in the Ogg Hall rom that I call home. Our huge ass window overlooking Gordon Commons and Johnson Street where you can see the Vilas Building, Humanities, U Square, We can see the Two Towers and the Roundhouse right from our window...gotta love that.
So I'm sitting in my room and looking out the window, noticing all of the fastpaced life around me...the people walking on the streets, the cars breezing down Johnson St. and down University Ave. The bus stopping every couple of minutes to pick up the next bunch of people. Everyone else seems to have these clear distinct paths, set out to accomplish their goals.
I'm just sorta hangin in my room, writing about life. This really is what I want to do with my life, yet I know that the chances of that are extremely unlikely. I love writing about those random little everyday occurances that seem to tweek something in your life, good or bad. Those random people that smile at you while you walk to class, the person who says hi to you in the line while you're waiting for your Latte at Starbucks, or the person who asks to sit with you for lunch...those are the kinds of things that just completely change your entire outlook on life. In a city like this, its hard to feel connected when everyone has their own set plan and they don't have the time to give you 5 minutes. We've all got our busy schedules, but its the little things like that that seem to matter. As a whole, the people around here are cold, but when you talk one on one with them, they're all just like you. Down to earth, easy-going, love good conversation.

Side note: Thanks everyone for commenting on the past few posts. You have no idea how much that means to me. I love you all...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catherine you rule, i love reading what you have to say it always makes me smile... cept the whole emily kletzein thing, thats really sad but at least she is remembered. keep writing so i can keep readin hun. i cant wait to see you again your like the illigitament child that ive always dreamed of... lol bye Your father, shannon

Anonymous said...

I agree. You always have amazing things to say. You already know my favorite: "I'm sitting around in my underwear trying to figure out where everything's gotten so astray..." Amazing. Simply amazing. Well, just droppin a note to let you know how rockin you are. K, girl. You rule. Love you!