Friday, December 09, 2005

Remains of the Day

Quotes from the newest English excursion that got me thinking:

"Whenever I believed I had come up with something, I probed it for every sort of oversight, tested it through from all angles." (on my crazed mind...or not so crazed really.)

"Maybe you could keep her off our hands, Stevens. Maybe you could teake her out to one of those stables around Mr. Morgan's farm. Keep her entertained in all that hay. She may be just your type." (on a fabulous sexual pun by Mr. Farraday.) ;-)

"We were all essentially cut from the same cloth, so to speak." (on philosophy of life.)

"I knew I had gone beyond all previous boundaries." (on the unexpected...)

"...unease mixed with exhilaration" (a perfect description of the unknown, but excitement in getting there.)

"It was only the feeling of a moment, but it caused me to slow down. And even when I had assured myself I was on the right road, I felt compelled to stop the car a moment to take stock, as it were." (on the here and now...)

"To see the best before I have properly begun would be somewhat premature." (FABULOUS words from Stevens. -on development of...well, whatever I'd like to interpret just those lines as :-) I can't have the ending before I've properly gone through all of the right steps in order to do so. Oh Stevens, I just might learn a little bit of life from your British ways of thinking...)

No comments: