Friday, December 16, 2005

In my own little corner

So, I'm going to be a little hermit crab over christmas vacation. vacation? Ok, so it's not really a vacation because I won't be lounging around my house in pjs and hats, but I'll be at the gap and back and forth madison and janesville.
Why am I going to be a little hermit crab? Because I don't plan on going out that much. I plan on sitting at my apartment, writing my little heart out.

I'm looking forward to some much needed time to myself to figure out some stuff and contemplate how I'm really not that young, how I'm much older than many of the older people I know, and how this life is already so far from being teenaged. Had lunch with a friend today. A much older friend than I am and one of my oldest for that matter. Yet, it never seems uncomfortable to sit and talk with him about his married friends or what he's thinking in life or how he's realized that he's not "old enough" yet to grow up. In some respects, it pains me to say that I'm more grown up than most of my friends and in other ways, it feels immaculate.

Until exams are over, this might be the latest blog for awhile.

All I want for Christmas? Healing.

No comments: