Thursday, January 13, 2005

Cat's Rant

Alright...Everyone's heard me bitch about this before...(this blog is getting to be more and more about just myself and I feel shitty for doing it....) but in the event that I've already started to swing it that way, I may as well continue on for another night...

I'm so sick of being treated like a child here, it's not even funny. I wish my parents wouldn't leave me out of what's going on with my college financials but they don't seem to think its important. They didn't tell me what my loans are for, what they're paying for and what's going to be my responsibility. I can't stand that. They've chosen my life for me already it seems. The "daily" emails from mom to let me know that she misses me, can't wait to see me, and update me about the weather...I'm so damn sick of those clogging up my inbox folder. I don't need to hear about the latest stupid little news going on in the family daily. I care of course because they're my family and i love them more than anything...but Do i really need to hear about grandma's latest little episode of forgetting to take her pills (which is like a daily occurance in our family...) or about Mom's crappy day with her boss at SJV? I'm just so sick of it...call me when it's important damn it! I don't want to hear about the stupid daily shit that was the reason i got out of that shit-ass town!
I can't stand the "When are you coming home?" "will you be back for dinner?" "Were you going to ask to do that/go out tonight?" I shouldn't NEED to ask about those things...I'm 18 years old...old enough to take care of myself. I don't need my mother worrying about me and I most certainly don't feel the need to let her know that I'm "OK" after reaching my destination. I understand that she worries about me, but to this extent? I mean, i've been driving for long enough now that I know how to handle my car in the snow and in the rain, sleet, hail, or avalanche. She just needs to get over the fact that she can't always know what I'm doing at every moment. And on top of that, mostly those stupid little things aren't important. I mean...Who really cares what subjects I studied the previous night or what I did that afternoon? I'm in college for christ's sake. I went to class and read. What else do we really do?? Nothing big happens on a daily basis or on an every other day basis...what could I possibly have to talk to you about on the phone that often to keep your attention. Unless I need something or they need something, I just don't see the point in wasting the phone call. And of course I don't mean that talking to my parents is a 'waste,' I'm simply saying that so often when there isnt anything really going on is just frivilous. There's no need for any of that.

I'm so tired of being a prisoner in my own home..."where are you going" "what are you doing" "who will be there" "what time are you coming home" COLLEGE isnt like that at all. I don't expect to have 6 months of freedom to come home and have almost an entire month of being caged like a little animal...

Obviously you can tell I'm a bit frustrated... I've had a crappy night...therefore, I'm going to bed early because I just don't feel like ranting on and on about this as I think i've bored most of you quite enough...

In the meantime, I feel shitty and like I'm 12...

No comments: