Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Tuesdays are Boring

Well guys ONE exam down, ONE exam and TWO finals to go...
and after sucessfully calling my house 3 times today for random reasons, I think i've had my fix of janesville for awhile.
Now, the good news is that i'm finished completely with one of my classes. The Bad news is that I still have 3 left :-(
Besides class, Life is pretty good these days...what could possibly be better than me being extatically happy?!?

General thoughts:
Listening to the song "Tracing" by John Mayer (an unreleased track of course cause they rock it up more than anything else) and over the past couple of months, there is one particular stanza that peterbes me. "And if you want to know the moment/i knew that i was still alone/i found i never learned your number/i only stored it in my phone/you'd think by now/i'd know the shape of calling home." It's one of those things that few probably realize, but it just hit me. How many people in your phone book are extremely important to you, yet you never glance at the number? Looking at my own phone book there are plenty of numbers that I rarely call and plenty of numbers that I contact quite often. In the same sense, some of the numbers that I rarely use are some of the ones I know best, Why? It seems so generic...just a number in a phone, right? You'd honestly think so, but when you put it in John's words ( "you'd think by now/i'd know the shape of calling home" ) it makes a difference. If its important, you memorize it for a test...so why not my phone number? If you call it often enough and if the person means a lot to you, it seems rather impersonal to not know their number when you call...

keep your wind
do not let it fly
do not let it go
~one of those random thoughts i wish i had dated in my book....

No comments: