Sunday, December 19, 2004

The Game We Lose

This was originally written 10.31.03
just something to think about

it's funny
how you can wake up
and the whole day has
turned in front of your face.
Will you ever know
that I care
if everything changes before
tomorrow?
Would you feel lost
without me?
What would become of us
and everything will be gone
will have slipped right through
our fingers
let it all happen
and if it went all away
from me right now
i wouldnt know just what to do
or how to react
my life would all be gone
and nothing could be done
it's crazy how it can
all fall
just roll on and away
It'll run from you
like a rolling penny
my fairytale
will all glide right through
to have everything taken from
you
drasticly, emotionally
lost
and if i die before i wake
please remember me always
for the good things that happened
and for the world as it once was
think not of the pain
but of the blessings
recover happily and
live on
remember this always.

I can't really remember what i was writing about when I wrote this. 10/31...last year. What a crazy time that was. I'll publish more later. I realize this isnt one of my best works...just some thoughts I put down onto paper in a spur of the moment.
Not looking for a critique on this one...just wanted to throw it out there.

No comments: