Monday, November 30, 2009

I Love Philosophy

Someone once told me I wasn't smart enough to understand The Matrix (1999). This, I have never forgotten. It has become, and is now, one of my favorite movies. I can't begin to explain how painful that statement is, and how it has also pushed me to move forward and to break from the mold.

Today, I'm writing a paper on the different philosophical tenets imbedded within the movie. It brings a smile to my face knowing that I have the background knowledge of philosophy that will make my paper shine above the rest.

Though, I do have to say that if I were without my favorite philosophy music, a mix of Sigur Ros, Moby, and the Donnie Darko Soundtrack, I wouldn't have the same thought process while writing this paper. It is a ritual, and a bit of a supersitition about paper writing-more specifically philosophy paper writing. I've written many a paper without without this mix, however, it is a necessity for philosophy. It puts me in the right mindset to get the job done and for it to be focused and directed. No other music that I've found, as of yet, gives me the same effect. And yet, I never tire of this music, eventhough I've listened to it hundreds of times.

Song of the Day: Approach/Dream-Sigur Ros.

No comments: