Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Another Day to Mope (And Rightfully So)

Well, it's getting closer and closer to Valentine's and I've gotta say, I'm just not looking forward to it. It's a stupid holiday really. Card Company Holiday. Everyone gushes over their love and thinks it is supposed to be this huge important day...call me crazy, but the stupid Valentine's stuff that's so cliche only happens at Valentine's...and I'm not sure that should really be the case. Call me crazy, but a man shouldn't make this a special evening to show that he cares. What he should be doing is taking you out on a regular basis and doing all the little cute stuff that matters consistantly. Now every woman knows that'll never happen because men are men and they get too comfortable around women after they've been with them for a certain period of time. I'm not sure exactly where that comfort zone sets in, but there's something completely awkward about it. A woman isn't going to stop being affectionate just because she's "comfortable." If anything, it's going to make her want her man even more because she's gotten to the point where she's comfortable to be with him. In a man's case, the comfortableness is just a reason for them to act like they would around their friends. The door? Forget him opening it for you. Taking your coat? Pulling out your chair? Forget that. (The latter two I've actually never experienced for myself and the former, well....that usually only happens when I have to blatantly make it obvious that they haven't done the prerequisites.) Speaking of prereq's....why is it that when men get comfortable in relationships (and i'm speaking in a general sense naturally...) they seem to forget that women enjoy all the forplay before having sex? Maybe that's supposed to be a thing of the past, but, personally, I love all the stuff that comes beforehand. That's the stuff that makes the sex intense...Ya gotta start on the right foot in order to complete the job.

On the other hand, there's something completely special about being comfortable with each other that all that little stuff doesn't seem to matter (quite as much). There's something I love about being able to sit with a man during my nastiest of hair-days, in just sweats and no makeup that makes me feel completely loved for who I am. Granted, I still love to get dressed up when I go out. It's so nice to not necessarily HAVE to look beautiful (not that I would actually look it...) in order to feel like the man is going to give you the time of day. (At least I should HOPE that's the case...)

Ladies, don't get your hopes up for Valentine's Day. It's just another day...that (in my case) will end up sucking as usual. It's all the other days of the year that matter... :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won't bother you anymore with my life. I'm so sorry that I uposet you so much. I get the real impression that you hate me. I don't hate you.

Vieve said...

Anonymous...you're a beast.