Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Words that must be said.

Confession. Tonight, my head is wrapped around someone who came and went in my life. With only a short period of knowing each other, I can hardly say anything for certain about his life, or about mine. But, what I do know is that now he's gone. Gone and won't be coming back.

I miss the nights we used to jam at the the fraternity by the stadium. I miss the nights I used to practice at your house for my audition instead of a cramped up little practice room in the music building on campus. I miss the night we went out to dinner with one of my friends and her boyfriend at the time and just drove around the city. I miss drinking wine and having you cook me dinner, and watching Seinfeld. I miss your apartment and the way I sank into your couch. I miss the long walks to your apartment in anticipation of seeing you. But now you're gone. Gone and will not be coming back. Gone, and I'll never see you again. Gone, and I didn't even go to your funeral.

No comments: