Sunday, January 02, 2011

The New Year

Yesterday, I got totally schooled by an 18 year old. How is it that an eighteen year old knows more about the human condition than I do at 24? I told her one vaguely intimate story of my life, a mere seconds in reality, and yet she knew the answer better than I did. Within thirty seconds I was crying. Bawling in the way that you can't control your feelings, but really want to go back and edit the fact that you'd just let someone into your life. Bawling not only because of this, but because she was completely and utterly right. How didn't I see that before? Usually, I find myself very intuitive about other people, but after that experience, how can I possibly believe that about myself?

2011 is bound to be a year of reflection. Little did I know, I have more to reflect on than I originally thought. A year of discovery, perhaps. Maybe at 24, I've finally decided to figure out why I am the way I am instead of just letting it happen without reasoning with it.

Let the new year begin...

No comments: