Friday, January 07, 2011

I'm comin home

First of all, wine makes the world go round. Just had to put that out there. Anyone who disagrees need not read any further.



So, I'm not much for usually sharing images, photos, videos, etc. on this blog. It's mostly about writing. But, let me explain for a moment...

I don't give a shit about the rapping in this song. I merely care about the first 30 seconds and the re-occurring moments through the rest of the song where this vignette is revisited. It's beautiful. It's real.... it's oh so very true.

i'm coming home/i'm coming home/tell the world i'm coming home.
let the rain/wash away/all the pain of yesterday/i know my kingdom awaits/and they've forgiven my mistakes/i'm coming home/i'm coming home/tell the world i'm coming home.

I have, actually, made it full circle and feel that I'm (theoretically at least) "coming" home. I've started prepping for my new career and I feel at home there. My thoughts are crazy, and ridiculous, and all over the place as normal, but I'm feeling a sense of "home" in them. I feel more myself than I have in years. I feel delighted with life; I feel there's something to live for. More importantly, I feel that I have a purpose. There is a need for me to make this continue. That's all I'll say about that because I try to keep my high points pretty private.

In another sense, I feel like my brain is trying to tell me something and I've figured it out, but, as normal, it's hard to really admit that you feel the way you do about something. On rare occasions, I decide to wear my heart on my sleeve. In general, I keep these things hidden, deep within the soul, so that it never has to face the daylight of someone else's judgment. It's something I absolutely do not embrace. There is a time and place for my heart to be laid out on the line for everyone to experience, but mostly, I keep it very protected.

There are very few people in life who get to know the inner workings of my mind. If you think these writings are the true extent of "me"....well then, if only you knew the things that really go on in my head. There's far more than I would ever let on.

No comments: