Tuesday, April 08, 2008

After a nice long break...

I'm bAcK!!!!!!

Well, I haven't used this in quite awhile, so things have definately changed, but there isn't a point in recapping because this blog is not supposed to be about my life, but rather about other experiences and more about writing than about anything specific....or at least thats how it all started when I was a freshman. Now I'm a senior...and I haven't used this in about a year, nor do I feel as attached to my blog as I certainly used to, but some things in that span of time really haven't changed. I still enjoy the old things I used to do, I just feel less and less a part of them and I have no reason to feel that way now. I used to make time to write...and so I should probably do the same now. Not that this is for a specific reason, rather than just to keep up the task.

The music I listen to hasn't really changed, but the span of what I listen to certainly has increased. I feel more connected to the alternative/rock that I used to listen to since meeting new people who have gotten me back in the habit of loving it. The acoustic stuff that I certainly still love is still deeply within my heart, but there was definately a point when rock music overtook my life and nothing else would suffice. It's nice to realize that things go full circle and that the things you thought that you lost, you really do still have.

Song of the moment: Sleeping at Last's a Skeleton of Something More
JM Song of the Moment: City Love


Not that this is supposed to be about me, but I had a crazy dream the other day. It was very awkward and hard to describe in a way that won't make me sound some kind of crazy, but at any rate, the story isn't that important, but the fact that it made me wake up straight away in bed with fear was rather strange. I haven't had dreams like that in a very long time, but it was terrifying. I'm a young adult! These kinds of dreams should not scare me anymore, but when the content of them scares you that much, you know it's something to never attempt to re-create. And thankfully, I never will. Some things are doomed to be left behind.

Back down to business, I listened to John Legend's "P.D.A (we just don't care)" a bit earlier today and I have to say that I envy that kind of love that people have when it doesn't seem to matter where you are, you can still feel just as in love as you always did and without question, you're only thinking of each other. Recently, when I was out in Knoxville, and looking back on that night, I definately felt that way. It's so nice to realize that life's little moments are so fulfilling sometimes, even when you don't realize it right away. I was so enthralled with you that night...it probably goes in my top list of times I've spent with you. Thank you for that evening.

And in closing, I know that I've been gone for awhile, but perhaps I'll be back after this post...comments encouraged!

No comments: