Thursday, January 19, 2006

Won't Sleep Better Alone?

Pete Yorn, you may be wrong.

Today's English 473 was full of thoughts. Quite frequently during class, I had to sniff the beautifully sweet smell of the guy next to me, who wears the same cologne that you do. Thankfully, the guy sitting in front of him hadn't showered in a few days in order to cover up the 'stench' of your rememberance. I realized that in the process of experiencing the two types, no matter what you think...men all equal out to a result of zero.

Perhaps I should be giving up on the whole male race at this time, but sadly enough, I never do. I adore the thrill of "love" and everything that goes with it but, for now, I'm alone and that's the best way for me to be. I'm set in my ways, I don't want someone bossing me around and expecting things that I can't necessarily give. I love my busy schedule and all of the things that I pack into it. I'm slightly unreasonable about trying to be flexible and change that. There are few people that I would do that for. You, 5, are one of them.

Yet, I'm quite sick of the give and pulls of relationships that I tend to give and end up being the one who gives up everything. These sorts of unequal relationships are not something I'm looking for, nor do I currently think exist. There is no "ideal relationship" and if there is, it's tragic downfall will cause you to think otherwise. Perhaps there are truly ideal relationships, but me? I'm not a part of them. And right now, I don't want to be. I'm extatic to be by myself and living my own life and not having to worry about all those "other" people. I'm proud of being alone. This is the first time that I can comfortably say, I'm sincerely not interested.

The fact of the matter is, I do sleep better alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sleep better alone too...literally and methaphorically...god, we rock LOL