Sunday, May 02, 2010

A Quote to leave you with...

"Don't live your life for anyone else. In the end all that matters is your own happiness."

I like this. Why? It makes perfect sense. In the end, there's only me. I have friends, family, a fiance, but at the end of the day, all that matters is that I'm happy. I have a terrible habit of trying to make everyone else happy before I make myself happy. Instead, I end up resenting the fact that I can't do my own things, or that I'm so focused on others that I forget about myself. Needless to say, the little time I do get by myself, I really cherish. And yet, there are other times when I'm so pissed off and angry with the world and everyone else that I don't even want to be with myself.

That, my lovelies, needs to change. I'm tired of standing up for other people and trying to just do the "nice" thing. I do feel like I used to be a lot more "myself" since I would just say what was on my mind and be done with it. Now, there are all these other things clouding the way I really am and I'm turning into something I don't really understand. I know there's a time and place for etiquette and when it's appropriate to say certain things and when it isn't (like at a fundraiser or benefit versus out to dinner with friends), but how do you not lose yourself in this situation?

Really, I just want to be me instead of the person behind someone else. I'm stronger than that. Right now, I feel like I'm living my life for someone else...and I want my own life back. No more sidelines, no more waiting. I will live my own life in search of personal happiness.

A little less "we can" and a little more "I can!"

No comments: