Saturday, December 06, 2008

What a Year for a New Year

So, I've been spending the last few hours pondering what my new years resolution will be. Normally, I don't believe in resolutions to mark the New Year, but believe in life changes when deemed necessary. This year, I'm thinking a resolution might be a good idea. Not because I have some logical reason to defend why I'm saying this, but really just a gut reaction that it might be a good idea. (Also, I can't think of a good reason that it's NOT a good idea.) So my question is, What should my New Years Resolution be?

I have a few ideas, but no solid thoughts. A few of my self imposed suggestions:

a) to learn more about meditation and yoga (in hopes of practicing both?)
b) to read more and watch TV on DVD/Movies less
c) to start studying for the LSAT (what I was going to do anyway, so not much of a resolution?)
d) to start working on an Advocates Association for the State of Tennessee's D.O.'s
e) to try the Elimination Diet with Owen (also something we were going to do anyway)


Any other thoughts, you know where to leave the message.

My pivotal moment of the day: I read on my friend's blog that her son out of the blue said that she was beautiful and that she loved her. After that, I've decided I someday hope to have a child just as sweet.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love you Cat! Hope you are feeling better! I too will jump on the elimination diet resolution with you. Ryan and I started it this summer at while living at the cabin in MN. It seemed pretty easy to stick too- minus no dairy!!! Ugh! No dairy? I'm from MN! I need CHEESE!

Kitten said...

Exactly! All of my WI friends will make fun of me. No Cheese?! That's unheard of. One of my friends was driving back from IL the other week and he's like "I'm on my way back to the CHEEEEESSSSSEEEE!"

The three things I'll miss most?
1. Coffee
2. Cheese
3. Chocolate

(Funny how they all start with "C"!)