Sunday, September 24, 2006

New Beginnings

This is the time when I'm going to start over. The school year has already begun, but I'm starting over and turning a new leaf now. Today. This very moment. I strive to be a better person, someone happier, someone harder working, someone to aspire to be. I aspire to be new, innovative, and put together. As much as I want to say that I "know" myself, I'm not sure I can ever truly "know" anything...but there are a few exceptions.

I know that writing is something I need to do. It's something I didn't realize I needed so much in my life, but it's a great outlet.

I know that I'm emotional and I get caught in the moment so well...because when I'm truly happy, each little moment means something special. The sunset can be beautiful when you're in the right state of mind, and the individual patches of grass near the sidewalk, the leaf that blows in the deep autumn air, this moment right now at my computer. If you are truly "in" the moment, you can feel the smile of simplicity come over you and my body feels euphoric.

I know, and this is a big realization, I know that I'm in love with the one man I can't live without and the one man I want to spend the rest of my life with. I can only hope that you feel the same way...

I'm not always the most desirable person in the world (either to hang out with or to be with) but I'm on a distinct mission to come closer to the person I want to have others see me as. The hard exterior needs to go....and I need to soften a bit. I'm a softie all together with too much emotion bottled up, too much resentment, and I've been completely jaded on a lot of subjects. This is the time for rebirth. The colour representation of rebirth, green, will forever be placed on my body with the reminder of the evolving self. This self is coming to evolve, to change, to bring out something new, something contemporary, and something better. I will strive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with not knowing yourself. Most people don't know themselves all through their lives.
People are constantly evolving and growing. We all are unsure at times at what is going to happen next.
Don't back down from your strengths just because someone said you were immature. Only you know the answer to that.
Continue to strive to be the best that you can be for yourself not someone else.
Tomorrow may be different. New and exciting! Challenge yourself but never lose yourself while you do.
Good advice for all of us!