Friday, January 23, 2009

Music Therapy

With my Paramore obsession in full blow, I'm, as always, feeling most connected to the music world and what the music says to me. Yesterday an unfortunate incident happened to me and I'm attempting to cope with how I feel about it. I won't explain it because that would just be downright childish of me to write about, but all the same, I'm upset that some things cannot stay what was and evolve into something new, grow into something better. There's something spiritual about moving from one new chapter of life into something more meaningful, yet there are some moments when the past becomes your present and you have to deal with it as it comes. I'm not one to be so great at this task, to say the least. I'd like to leave my past, well, in the past. There's no reason to bring it up in the present unless necessary and there isn't a reason to keep having it rise to the surface. With that said, yesterday was not one of my best days in trying to deal with overwhelming circumstances in life.

I'm not sure where I stand on this issue. I'm torn between wanting to be fair and rational, and wanting to reconcile a crappy situation. And, one that I am not happy with. My past life was special to me, and I wish that it would be remembered that way. Not with everything that went wrong.

In other news, the newest issue of People Style Watch is out for February and I'm excited. It's a whole new guide to what's still hot from fall to bring into summer and what things are definiately out. Not that I'll be able to dabble in the more expensive gear for the season, I'm still in awe of how everything changes and from fall to spring in the fashion world. I love the glossy magazines and the pictures of the newest fashions. Although, it always gets me when "messy chic" and "sophistocated simplicity" can be in at the same time. Does this not seem odd?! Skinny jeans are here to stay, even though I'm not personally a fan for my body type, if I found the right pair, I'd still give it a shot. Although, skinny distressed jeans are evidently really hot, except I'm not sure that this look really works. Just like I'm not sure if the Boyfriend jeans that Katie Holmes has made popular in recent days really works for anyone that isn't a size OO. Ruffles are in making quite a statement right now, casual or dressy. A fun little trend to try. People Style Watch seems to say that oversize shades are here to stay but in different shapes. I'm alright with this trend, even though I think it's been over done, but I still like it.

There are, however, two trends that I'm not exactly on par with. Bib necklaces are tacky in my opinion. It's a bit too much and though the mag says you could wear it with a plain white T or the infamous little black dress, I find it hard to believe that these statement pieces make the best addition to any outfit. Secondly, cropped trousers (mostly seen with pleats) are NEVER flattering. Flood pants are not my idea of sexy and I'd be interested to find someone who thought this was going to work for someone over a size 2. Especially when the once I've seen recently are tapered. Didn't tapered pants go out in the 80's? I'm pretty sure the trend should have stayed in the 80's and I'm nearly positive it won't catch on. And there ends my rant on spring fashion. For now...

What I know for sure is that I need to run, to think things through in my head and get some things off of my mind...
More on life later.

No comments: