Friday, August 26, 2005

The U.S. Can't Possibly be Ready...

Alright, it's been one hell of a busy summer, but I'm back in Madison and perhaps there's just something about this city that gets me thinking. After spending the afternoon hearing about the misfortunes of relationships and watching the movie "The Prince and Me" (featuring Julia Stiles for all you non-moviebuffs), I found myself pondering at the ending. Julia's character, Paige, has all of these aspirations and goals so in the end throws away her entire relationship with Edward, the gorgeous Prince of Denmark, in order to finish out her dream of going to medical school. Upon her college graduation, Edward is so deeply in love with her, he offers to wait until she is done with medical school, has fulfilled enough of what she wants to...that he will wait until whatever in order to be with her and have her as his Queen. She replies with something to the affects of 'Denmark isn't ready for a Queen like me.'

That's what got me wondering. Hypothetically speaking lets say that the second time's a charm. If things work out as planned for both, I'd be the first lady. (insert shocked expression on my face here). What would our country want with ME as a first lady? I don't have a clue about such matters! Could you imagine me being all wound up in political policy? Liberal woman with Conservative man...?? I can't even imagine...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wouldn't need to be wrapped up in political policy, and forget if you think the country wouldn't want you. Believe me they don't elect someone because of their spouse. It is not the first ladies job to keep the country happy, it is the Presidents. The President needs a strong woman behind him to keep him inline and I know of few woman stronger than you. You keep me focused and sane and most importantly happy, that swhat a first lady should be. Plus who better to write the biography of a President that his famous author wife!!

Anonymous said...

China Net Star Cries Censorship
Internet phenomenon Sister Hibiscus' claims of a government clampdown touches off a debate on the impact of new media.
Nice to see some decent content for a change. FYI, I log on today and see that we've got a new feature, the 'Flag blog' button, which is inconveniently located between the 'Get Your Own Blog' and 'Next Blog' buttons so that we would presumably be getting some flags on error alone (although if one happens to notice it, you can unflag a blog) But that's a trivial matter. What concerns me is this: When a person visiting a blog clicks the "Flag?" button in the Blogger Navbar, it means they believe the content of the blog may be potentially offensive or illegal. We track the number of times a blog has been flagged as objectionable and use this information to determine what action is needed. This feature allows the blogging community as a whole to identify content they deem objectionable. Ok, see the problem with this? What's "objectionable." I'm guessing there are a good deal of people that would likely deem my blog to be objectionable; and there lies the problem: what is objectionable and what is subjective. Just my 2 cents, DeVry University Online

Anonymous said...

Ziff Davis
The chipmaker will deliver two all new notebook chips in 2006, sparking a hardware shift later in the year.
Hi, I was just browsing through some blogs to get some ideas for mine, I hope you don't mind. I would like your opinion because you have a great blog here! I wish to start writing about forex mini broker. What do you think? Come and check out my site let me know if you think my topic would spark an interest. Best regards.

Jonk said...

Some strange comments here.